Here’s the information you’ve all been waiting for: SUMMER ROWING INFO! 🙂
1) The main blog you’ll need to check is this one: http://leandermanager.wordpress.com/
2) The summer rowing information for Jr. Men (this includes ALL highschool aged athletes) can be found here: http://leandermanager.wordpress.com/lbc-junior-men/
…you will be coached by the very lovely & talented Jess Bill, who is currently the St. Mary’s Head Coach. She’s a fantastic coach & will no doubt be a lot of fun to work with. She’ll also be assisted by Ryan Walters (current StM assistant coach) and two others (Chris Jacques & Alec Mannarino)
3) The summer rowing information for the Jr. Women (including ALL highschool aged athletes) can be found here: http://leandermanager.wordpress.com/leander-boat-club-and-mcmaster-university-rowing-training-blog/
…don’t be fooled by the link’s URL title, it’s definitely the information you need for the Jr. Women. Craig Pollock will be the main coach, and Peter DeNew will be assisting. I will also be occassionally assisting during the month of June (perhaps for just the women, maybe for both groups – not sure yet).
4) The Summer Regatta Schedule can be found here: https://leandermanager.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/summer-sched.pdf
…try to make sure you’re available for those dates, as they’re your racing dates!
5) “But I go to camp” – don’t worry, rowing ENDS in August, so you could technically do both! Unless you’re a camp counsellor & plan on working the whole summer, in which case you might be out of luck. That said, check out the schedule to see if it works – you might be able to swing both!
6) When does it start? – Steffan has mentioned that the official start-date will be June 16th, but there may be some optional practices in the meantime. Simply check the blog (posted above) to stay updated. All of the Summer Rowing coaches understand that you’re going through exams & that exams will be your top priority for a while, but you should still indicate your interest to them so that they’re aware you’re keen to join. Payment for rowing fees/dues will be determined by the cost of a “Highschool Upgrade” (check with Steffan for full pricing details – but there’s a serious discount because you’ve already rowed highschool).
Whatever you choose to do, I hope you all have an amazing summer! 🙂
PS – Thank you to everyone who came to rig & wash boats this afternoon, it was a huge help! For those of you that missed it, I’m afraid to say you missed out on some pretty awesome popsicle treats…