The Indoor Regatta season starts a little over a month from today–dates are on the main page of this blog. Entries will be done online by the rowers and their parents, HOWEVER before you enter, please consult with the coaches to make sure you enter yourself in the correct category! Here’s how to enter:
1. Ask your coach which category you are in;
2. Go to regattacentral.com
3. On the yellow bar, you will see ‘Sign Up’. Hit that and create an account.
4. Go back to the main page and hit “Regattas” on the top menu bar.
5. On the dropdowns, make sure you’re at Upcoming Regattas” and “Canada”.
6. Click on the “Leander Indoor Rowing Championships”.
7. Click on “Register” in the top right corner.
8. In the Club/Team affiliation box, if it shows Westdale, great. If not, hit “New Club” and type in Westdale Secondary School and hit OK.
9. That will bring up a “Contact details” page. Scroll to the bottom and hit “NEXT”. If it doesn’t let you do that and asks for contact info, fill in the form and then hit Next.
10. That will bring you to the Entry page. Click on “Submit Entry” for the event the coaches have given you.
11. Fill in the info it asks for, which is your 2K erg score (novices will not have this number yet–leave it blank). In the athlete box, start typing your name–it SHOULD autofill. If not, no worries.
12. Don’t worry about the ‘Athlete Bio”, unless you really want to put something there.
13. Hit Save and the payment page will come up. Simply pay for the entry, and you’re done.
The entries for Leander, Canadian Indoors on Feb 4th in Mississauga and Ontario Indoors in St. Catharines on March 3rd will all be done through Regatta Central. Entry fee for Leander is $15. Entry fee hasn’t been set yet for CIRC or Ontario’s, but last year CIRC was $20 and Ontario’s was $15.
Coaches will collect the entry fees for Mac 2×4, which I believe last year, was $50 per team of 4 ($12.50 per rower). Outdoor regatta entry fees will be paid for by the spring fee, which will be determined later in the winter.