1. Please remember to have a white long sleeve shirt and a red t-shirt for Sunday!
2. For Saturday, we will either do a really short row before de-rigging snd loading…or straight into de-rigging and loading. Please purchase a 7/16ths wrench or find one in a toolkit at home, and a roll of electrical tape. They will come in VERY handy!
3. I will draw up a plan for Saturday morning and split you into teams and tasks. Those will be: who de-rigs what boats, who marks the holes the riggers were attached to with a piece of your electrical tape so we know where to put them back, who tapes up the backstays of the riggers, who ties the boats down on the trailer, who loads the oars, who bungees the seats in, and who secures EVERYTHING that is attached to the boats! Every single one of these jobs is vital. I have seen entire foot stretchers fly out of a boat on a trailer going 100 km/hr down the QEW. Those things can cause serious damage. I’ve seen trailer show up at regattas missing sets of oars. I’ve seen riggers left behind. I’ve seen what results in BOATS coming off trailers because they weren’t secure. This is one day where you need to focus and do your job PERFECTLY! Never assume that someone else will do it, or that someone will check.
4. We will be de-rigging and loading the Propeller Club, Justice, Cherwinski, Poppi, Miller, and Griffiths.
5. I received a helpful notice from the host club that I will attach to the bottom of this blog post. It supports Michaela’s great document the other night with some more helpful info. I was informed today, that Maddy B has arranged for the Westdale tents for all our regattas! We will actually have them this weekend.
6. Finally, THE DRAW HAS BEEN POSTED! Each of our crews has a bow number associated with them. The first race is a time trial. Each crew is given a bow number and they race down the course as fast as they can. The idea for the crew is A) not to get passed; and B) try to pass as many boats as possible. As they approach the finish, if our crew is ahead of numbers lower than them, they’re doing well. If you see crews with numbers higher than ours before you see ours they have some work to do!
9:30AM: WOMEN LIGHTWEIGHT 4+
BOW #39 (MILLER): CX: Maura, B-Celina, 2-Zaiga, 3-Alia, S-Caroline
BOW #42: (POPPI): CX: Molly, B-Maddy D, 2-Ryann, 3-Maggie, S-Liv
9:55AM: WOMEN’S JV8+
BOW #58 (Griffiths) CX: Ella, B-Katie Mac, 2-Charlotte, 3-Fiora, 4-Meegan, 35-Serena, 6-Becca, 7-Maddy B, S-Sequoia
10:35AM: MEN’S JV4+
BOW #96 (MILLER) CX: Molly, B-Liam, 2-Alex, 3-Ethan, S-Geon
10:45AM: WOMEN VARSITY 2X
BOW #107 (CHERWINSKI) B-Meegan, S-Fiora
BOW #114 (PROPELLER CLUB) B-Becca, S-Maddy B
BOW #115 (JUSTICE) B-Serena, S-Sequoia
11:15AM: WOMEN JV4+ (***POSSIBLE HOT SEAT***)
BOW #148 (MILLER) CX: Maura, B-Kate M, 2-Charlotte, 3-Zaiga, S-Caroline
12PM: WOMEN NOVICE 4+
BOW #186 (POPPI) CX: Maddy D, B-Celina, 2-Maddy T, 3-Maggie, S-Liv
12:20PM: MEN LIGHTWEIGHT 4+
BOW #201 (MILLER) CX: Ella, S-Alex, 3-Ethan, 2-Owen, B-Liam
1:54PM: WOMEN LIGHTWEIGHT 4+
2:12PM: WOMEN JV8+
2:38PM: MEN JV4+
2:46PM: WOMEN VARSITY 2X
3:18PM: WOMEN JV4+
3:52: WOMEN NOVICE 4+
4:02PM: MEN LIGHTWEIGHT 4+