Before you know it, we’ll be racing against OTHER schools’ athletes! Five days after you return from your holiday break is our FIRST indoor regatta of the winter season! We are hoping for a BIG Westdale turnout at the Leander Indoor Rowing Championships right here in Hamilton!
“COACH TOM, I REALLY WANT TO RACE AT THIS REGATTA!!! HOW DO I GET AN ENTRY????!!!!!”
Glad you asked! Here’s how to do it:
1. Ask your coach which category you are in.
2. Go to regattacentral.com
3. On the yellow bar, you will see ‘Sign Up’. Hit that and create an account.
4. Go back to the main page and hit “Regattas” on the top menu bar.
5. On the dropdowns, make sure you’re at Upcoming Regattas” and “Canada”.
6. Click on the “Leander Indoor Rowing Championships”.
7. Click on “Register” in the top right corner.
8. In the Club/Team affiliation box, if it shows Westdale, great. If not, hit “New Club” and type in Westdale Secondary School and hit OK.
9. That will bring up a “Contact details” page. Scroll to the bottom and hit “NEXT”. If it doesn’t let you do that and asks for contact info, fill in the form and then hit Next.
10. That will bring you to the Entry page. Click on “Submit Entry” for the event the coaches have given you.
11. Fill in the info it asks for, which is your 2K erg score (novices will not have this number yet–leave it blank). In the athlete box, start typing your name–it SHOULD autofill. If not, no worries.
12. Don’t worry about the ‘Athlete Bio”, unless you really want to put something there.
13. Hit Save and the payment page will come up. Simply pay for the entry, and you’re done.
“BUT COACH TOM….I DON’T HAVE A RACING UNIFORM. CAN I STILL RACE FOR WESTDALE?”
If you would like a race uniform by race day, you can see if Coach Mike has one that fits you. If not, you can race in something that hopefully says Westdale Warriors on it. Or if not, a green t-shirt. If you are racing for the outdoor season, you must have a Westdale racing unisuit–ordering instructions are on the main page.