Sorry for the double post. Just have a few quick things to mention.
Anyone who does NOT have their RCA number, please email me your RCA username. I’m calling RCA to figure out the issue this afternoon.
For anyone who would like to attend an on water afternoon practice Wednesday or Thursday, please email me your availability. I cannot take everyone out both days, but I will do my best to get anyone who’s interested at least one row.
Lastly, there is practice tomorrow afternoon at the school for novices.
My email is email@example.com
Getting to the regatta on Saturday is not difficult but you do not need to plan on taking 45 minutes to an hour to get to the race course.
Also be aware that putting SNRC Rowing Club into Google Maps will not take you to the race couyr
Some parents have asked about driving directions to SNRC. Here is a link to the directions:
Click to access snrc-parent-information.pdf
A condensed version is here.
Be aware that if you take the Highway 406 route into Dain City (aka Welland) that the bridge over the canal at the race course is closed to vehicle traffic. You will be able to get to the parking lot that is at the former John Deere factory (Canal Street) , but this is not the side you want. You need to take highway 54 around to Dain City. Use a GPS, or take the Highway 20 route. The Highway 20 route puts you on the right side. However the best route is the one that I take and it is Victoria Avenue through Vineland to Highway 3
For those taking Vineland Avenue (Highway 24)
- take QEW Niagara
- take Victoria Avenue Exit (highway 24)
- follow Victoria Avenue all the way to Highway 3 (this is about 25 minutes)
- take a left at Chambers Corners (there is an Avondale on the corner)
- this is Forks Road West
- Take Forks West road all the way until you get 58 West Side Road
- DO NOT continue on Forks Road as the bridge to cross to Canal Bank Street is closed.
- Follow West Side Road to 58A Humberstone Road.
- Then right into Canal Bank Street
- There is an athletes drop off area
- The race course is right there, It cannot be missed. Seriously you will not miss it.
For those taking HWY 20 through Smithville and Wellandport
- •I would strongly suggest that you check Google Maps for this one
- the bridge closure at the canal (aka race course) puts you on the wrong side of the race course where the parents tent will be.
For those taking HWY 406
- • Turn off HWY 27 on to Broadway
- • Cross the canal and turn right (South) on to Canal Bank Street
- • Turn right (West) on to Forks Road
- • The parking lot is on the left as soon as you cross the bridge